HOLLYWOOD, FL — Prototypes of the top 12 entries of the PAVE the Way 3D Design Challenge will be on display during GlobalShop, held March 28-30 at the Sands Expo & Convention Center in Las Vegas. The winners will be announced during A.R.E.'s Design Awards program Monday evening, March 28.
First place winners will receive $5,000, second place $2,500, third place $1,500 and honorable mentions $500. The A.R.E.'s Planning & Visual Education Partnership (PAVE) competition called for college students to design a store fixture to sell pet accessories or products and include a 3D rendering of the design for judging. B&N Industries, the competition's sponsor, manufactured and will display the 12 top student project designs in Booth 4111 during the show.
The top 12 projects are:
* Run Round Hamster Wheel by Amanda Archibald and Marissa Ferraro, Marywood University, Scranton, PA
* PAVE the Way by Jordan C. Bartek, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY
* petDora by Laura Heekin, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
* Doggy Couture by Johnlery Itugot, Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, NY
* plAy Dog by David Jenny and Hitomi Kashimoto, University of Tokyo, Tokyo
* Hare Raising by Katherine Lashua, Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, NY
* Playground by Minjae Lee, University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg, MO, and Sangmyung University, Seoul, South Korea
* Pampered Pups by Kelsey Miller, Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, NY
* Love Bite by Louis Sanders, Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, NY
* PAVE the Way - Ralph Lauren, by Mona Lisa Tan and Kungpill Yoon, Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, NY
* Better Betta Display by Sung Scott Truong, California State University, Long Beach, CA
* Hermes Talaris Saddle Display by Gregory Vanderpol and Catherine Morse, California State University, Long Beach, CA
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.