KENNER, LA – The Southern Pine Use Guide, the technical publication from the Southern Pine Council, has been updated for 2009 and is now available to building professionals via PDF download or hard copy.
The 24-page booklet provides a collection of information needed to specify and use Southern Pine lumber in a variety of applications. Information includes the advantages of building with wood, plus complete details on the cost savings, superior strength and treatability that make Southern Pine a suitable choice in today’s marketplace. Readers will find four pages devoted to listings of Southern Pine product and grade descriptions, based on current SPIB grading rules.
New to the 2009 edition are:
* An expanded listing of Southern Pine reference design values for dimension lumber, timbers and mechanically graded lumber (MSR and MEL) with information provided based on current SPIB grading rules;
* Two values for modulus of elasticity;
* Adjustment factors;
* Seven representative span tables using allowable stress design;
* Updated text covering specialty products, treated lumber uses and specification guidelines;
* Sample lumber grade and treated quality mark illustrations; and
* Specification examples for structural, treated and interior applications.
Visit www.southernpine.com to download a PDF of the guide, order a free single hard copy or purchase multiple hard copies. Requests may also be emailed to [email protected]; reference publication #200.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.