LAVAL, QUE - The biennial Salon Industriel du Bois Ouvre’ (SIBO), to be held Oct. 23-25, will be preceded by a “can’t miss” business conference on Oct. 22. The conference, “Focus on Growth Strategies,” will address topics ranging from “Green” marketing opportunities to taking advantage of government subsidies and financing programs.
The Conference will be held at the Laval Sheraton, while the expo will be held at Forzani Place. The conference will be presented in French only.
“We are excited to expand SIBO 2009 to include a full-day educational program that will arm woodworking executives with timely information that they can use to evaluate their current and future business opportunities,” said Rich Christianson, conference coordinator.
Conference topics include:
- LEED – ‘’Green’’ Building - A Growing Opportunity, presented by Daniel Smith, president of Smith Vigeant Architects and president of the Quebec branch of the Canadian Green Building Council;
- Closet & Home Organization Trends, presented by Alan Eugini, president of Simplespace;
- Improve Productivity with Automation and CNC Equipment, presented by Alain Morissat, Engineer, EQMBO;
- Subsidies and Financing: What Is Available and How to Make Full Use of Them, speaker to be announced, and
- On-Line Marketing: A Strategy for Success, presented by Lynn Delisle, president and co-owner of Vizyon Communications Inc. and Laurie McCullagh, Internet business consultant of WSI
Additional details and online registration for the “Focus on Growth Strategies” conference and the SIBO Industrial Woodworking Show are available at www.sibo.ca.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.