WEST LAFAYETTE, IN – Online registration for “The Dollars & Sense of Going Green” is now available at www.greenwoodseminar.com.
Nineteen major trade associations and agencies have volunteered their support for the event set for Oct. 28 and 29 at Downtown Sheraton Hotel in Indianapolis, IN.
The two-day conference is being organized by Purdue University and Wood & Wood Products. Banks Hardwoods Inc. and Stiles Machinery Inc. are sponsors of the event.
“We are extremely pleased to have the support of so many leading industry organizations,” said Rich Christianson, associate publisher of W&WP. “Nearly all of these cooperating groups have developed voluntary green initiatives for their respective memberships within the last few years. This is the first program to date that will provide a public forum spotlighting the myriad activities the diverse sectors of the wood products industry are taking to promote environmental stewardship.”
Cooperating organizations include:
- American Hardwood Export Council
- Appalachian Hardwood Manufacturers Inc.
- Architectural Woodwork Institute
- Association for Retail Environments
- Association of Woodworking & Furnishings Suppliers
- Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturer Assn.
- Composite Panel Assn.
- Hardwood Manufacturers Assn.
- Hardwood Plywood & Veneer Assn.
- Hardwood Weekly Review
- Hardwood Tree Improvement & Research Center, Purdue University
- Indiana Department of Natural Resources
- Indiana Forest Industry Council
- Indiana Hardwood Lumbermen’s Assn.
- Indiana State Department of Agriculture
- Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Assn.
- National Hardwood Lumber Assn.
- NOFMA: The Wood Flooring Manufacturers Assn.
- Wood Component Manufacturers Assn.
The Web site includes an overview of the program, plus details about individual presentations examining the state of the green building products movement in North America. Among the highlights, the program includes a workshop on the requirements and ramifications of California’s new formaldehyde emissions standard for particleboard, MDF and hardwood plywood.
In addition to two days of informative sessions, day one of the conference will conclude with a networking reception featuring table-top exhibits hosted by representatives of board products, woodworking machinery and other industry suppliers.
For additional information about attending, exhibiting or sponsorship opportunities, contact Purdue University Professor Dan Cassens at (765) 494-3644 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Rich Christianson, associate publisher of W&WP, at (847) 415-8024 or email@example.com.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.