HOLLYWOOD, FL — The Planning and Visual Education Partnership (PAVE) has announced the 12 finalists for the 2010-11 PAVE the Way 3D Design Challenge for college students in store design, interior design, visual merchandising and industrial design programs.
The 12 finalists are:
• Amanda Archibald and Maria Ferraro, Round House Hamster Wheel, Marywood University, Scranton, PA
• Jordan C. Bartek, PAVE the Way, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY
• Laura Heekin, petDora, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
• Johnlery Itugot, Doggy Couture, Fashion Institute of Technology, New York
• David Jenny and Hitomi Kashimoto, plAy Dog, University of Tokyo, Tokyo
• Katherine Lashua, Hare Raising, Fashion Institute of Technology, New York
• Minjae Lee, Playground, University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg, MO and Sangmyung University, Seoul, South Korea
• Kelsey Miller, Pampered Pups, Fashion Institute of Technology, New York
• Louis Sanders, Love Bite, Fashion Institute of Technology, New York
• Mona Lisa Tan and Kungpill Yoon, PAVE the Way - Ralph Lauren, Fashion Institute of Technology, New York
• Sung Scott Truong, Better Betta Display, California State University, Long Beach
• Gregory Vanderpol and Catherine Morse, Hermes Talaris Saddle Display, California State University, Long Beach
The challenge was to design a store fixture to sell pet accessories or products and include a 3D rendering of the design for judging. As sponsor and presenter of the challenge, Burlingame, Calif.-based B&N Industries will work with the 12 finalists to produce prototypes of their designs for display at GlobalShop 2011. The student awards will be announced during A.R.E.'s Design Awards program Monday, March 28, 2011, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.