CARTHAGE, MO – Leggett & Platt recently celebrated the past year of groundbreaking developments with the second annual J.P. Leggett Innovator Awards Dinner, held at the company headquarters. Named in honor of J.P. Leggett, company founder and inventor of the coiled bedspring, the J.P. Leggett Innovator Award is Leggett & Platt’s highest internal recognition of excellence in technological advancements.
Vincent S. Lyons, head of the IDEA (Innovation, Design, Engineering and Acceleration) Center and vice president of engineering and product development, started the annual awards in 2007 as part of Leggett’s overall focus on scientific progression.
“All employees at Leggett are eligible,” said Lyons. “The only criteria for receiving a J.P. Leggett Innovator Award is that one contributes an idea or innovation that has significant benefit to Leggett & Platt.”
The J.P. Leggett Innovator Awards are given to both individual and team-created innovations. This year’s recipients range from product designers to engineers to heads of marketing. Recipients of the award were honored with a trophy that reads, “In recognition of technological leadership beneficial to Leggett & Platt.”
2008 J.P. Leggett Innovator Award recipients are:
•LeRoy Johnson, senior director, emerging technologies
•Starry Night Sleep Technology
• Ryan Chacon, software controls engineer
• Niels Mossbeck, senior director, advanced technologies
• Mark Quinn, executive vice president of sales and marketing, bedding group
• Chuck Steers, mechanical design engineer
• Jason Turner, director of controls & technologies
• Tom Wells Jr., director of engineering strategy & technical support
•Responder Office Chair
• Dana Lockwood, senior seating designer, Indiana Chair Frame business unit
• Jennifer Guerndt, vice president of marketing, Gamber-Johnson business unit
• Jason Lewandowski, vice president of engineering, Gamber-Johnson business unit
•ZWAHL (Zero Wall High Leg)
• Greg Lawson, chief engineer, Omega Motion business unit
•Patients Choice Medical Care Mechanism
• Glenn Wiecek, product designer, furniture hardware division
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.