CHICAGO – Daubert Chemical is observing its 75th year, having been founded as Nox-Rust Chemical Co. by George Daubert in 1935, specializing in metal rust proofing.
During the 1940s, the name of the company was changed to Daubert Chemical Co. Inc. With America being in the throes of World War II, word spread to Washington that Daubert’s corrosion preventatives were worth looking at - especially well suited to the heavy equipment and armament that would require protection from salt water spray en route to Europe. Corrosion preventives to the U.S. Navy came out of this, as did oils used to ship spare parts in-transit, and lubricants in general. Over the years, the company expanded its markets for corrosion prevention products to include the automotive, heavy truck, heavy equipment, farm equipment and marine industries.
Beginning in the early 1960s, Daubert Chemical branched out to the formulation of adhesives for manufacturing. For example, the company was an innovator in formulating a two-part epoxy designed for flat laminating, used predominantly in the furniture and consumer electronics markets. A more recent example was Daubert’s discovery that manufacturers needed a more versatile and fast setting adhesive for profile wrapping, edgebanding and composite panel lamination.
Today, Daubert Chemical formulates corrosion preventives, adhesives, sealants and specialty coatings. The products it manufactures are sold globally to the automobile, transportation, marine, aerospace, general industrial, furniture and woodworking marketplaces.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.