LAS VEGAS -- More than 30 multi-shelf cabinets created in smartSHOP, a fully operational shop assembled at AWFS Fair through the sponsorship of 16 exhibitors and participating partners, were donated this year to The Animal Foundation, an open-admission animal shelter and multi-service agency to support the humane treatment of animals.
Gero Sassenberg, a woodworking expert and furniture consultant, operated the smartSHOP, supervising the use of equipment from participating exhibitors, demonstrating also how all the processes of cabinet construction, from data input software to cabinet assembly can be automated on the shop floor, saving time and money for the manufacturer.
Companies donating equipment or products to the smartSHOP this year included:
• California Dowel & Turning: dowel pins 8x38 pre-glued
• Casadei-Busellato (SCM Group): CNC router
• CP Adhesives/Spectrum: hotmelt gun with applicator/pressure pots/glue
• Delta Power Equipment: dust collection/extractions
• Drawer Connection: drawer boxes
• Festool: cordless hand drills/screwdriver tips
• Flakeboard: melamine panles
• Gannomat/Tritec: horizontal drill and dowel inserter
• Grass: hinges/hinge inserter/lit-up mech/undermount slides
• Hafele: carts
• Holz-Her: edgebander and glue pellets
• Leitz Tooling Systems: tooling for drill/inserter and CNC machine
• Planit Solutions: software
• Stiles Machinery: case clamp
• Scientific Dust Collectors: dust collection/extractions
• Weima: Environmental/Destroy Responsibly service
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.