LAS VEGAS – The AWFS Fair offers a variety of educational options for woodworkers at all levels.
The College of Woodworking (CWWK) will feature some of the industry’s top experts covering many diverse topics (based on attendee input): business and manufacturing challenges, emerging technology, lean manufacturing strategies, environmentally sustainable developments, improvements to finance and marketing, safety courses and more.
Featured sessions include:
• Think Like an Entrepreneur! A three-hour workshop based on the tenets of Michael Gerber’s “The E-Myth Revisited.” Learn powerful business strategies developed from decades of experience.
• Becoming the Next Generation Manufacturer. Learn what’s driving manufacturing growth in the 21st century, as identified in a study of over 2,500 business in related fields.
• Profitable Growth through Innovation. Based on the supremely successful Eureka! Ranch business course, with techniques to help you think smarter and accelerate your growth.
• Arm Yourself with Financing Savvy. A critically important session to prepare yourself for the process of borrowing money, and making investment purchases. (Then take advantage of daily presentations on the exhibit floor by the Small Business Administration and SCORE for related information.)
• OSHA Safety & Health Guidlines: Voluntary or Mandatory?
• Regulations that Affect the Woodworking Industry Education Tracks.
The CWWK includes eight educational tracks in total, including:
• Business Management
• Small Shops Ten and Under
• Cabinet / Millwork
• Software & Technology
• Techniques & Applications
• Hand-Crafted Furniture
• Safety & Environment
• Teacher Track
The classroom seminars are located on the second floor of the North Hall in classrooms N253-N264. The technical SMART seminars are held on the exhibit floor before the show opens in the morning. Look for the seminar room and booth numbers in the on-site show directory, on signage in the main lobby, or stop by the information or AWFS booths for a take-away sheet.
Learn more at awfsfair.com.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.