ATLANTA — Through a new memorandum of understanding, the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning (ASHRAE) and the Green Building Initiative (GBI) will work together to accelerate the adoption of sustainability principles in the built environment, according to ThomasNet. The agreement was approved by ASHRAE and by the GBI Board of Directors during their winter meetings.
Specifically, the agreement calls for the two groups to:
- Promote the design, construction and operation of buildings that are energy-efficient, healthier and environmentally responsible by, among other things, providing education and training;
- Provide access to the Green Globes tool;
- Promote the link between sustainable design and actual performance outcomes;
- Encourage and/or undertake research that identifies specific economic and environmental benefits of green building practices;
- Support and promote green building standards, certification programs and rating systems.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.