Among the most read stories last week were those relating to a raid of Gibson Guitar's factories in Memphis and Nashville by U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service agents August 24, over suspicions of illegal mahogany, unleashed a barrage of complaints.
Media reports suggest the wood's provenance wasn't properly recorded at its point of origin in Asia. Is the storied manufacturer being bullied?
• Gibson Guitar's CEO barks back in a video at the federal agents>>
• Lacey Act was never mean for this, says Rich Christianson>>
• Original report details the raid, and Gibson's statement on it
Meanwhile, iPhone5 buzz has woodworkers planning the specialized custom cases that will be in demand.
And Milwaukee investors Ubela set up shared quarters for four of their woodshop businesses, including their most recent acquisition, Diamond Woodworks, which relocated from Mequon, WI.
Other popular reads from the week included:
• KI acquired an Australian furniture firm>>
• Rick Hill tells what's bad about slimy salesmen>>
• Read all the latest wood industry news here.>>
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.