PALO ALTO, CA -- Houzz, an online web site and mobile app for design and remodeling, launched a new tool, Houzz Real Cost Finder, which aims to provide homeowners with cost data for renovation projects.
Earlier this year Houzz conducted a survey of more than 100,000 homeowners who use the site. From that research actual costs from remodeling projects were compiled. The Real Cost Finder will allow users to pull actual cost data from completed projects, such as kitchens, closets, dining rooms and more, from within their area.
“Since 2009, we have been making home remodeling more transparent, fun and productive for both homeowners and professionals,” said Adi Tatarko, Houzz CEO and co-founder. “The Houzz Real Cost Finder gives renovation and decorating data we’ve collected back to our community, empowering homeowners to make the best decisions for their projects.”
• Homeowners can research real costs for completed projects gathered from homeowners in their area ranging from high-end to modest, for virtually every space inside and outside their home
• The tool is fully integrated with the entire Houzz platform:
• Together with Houzz’s green tag feature, the tool helps homeowners allocate their budget by showing products at different price points
• Pulls from Houzz’s database of more than 1.7 million images to surface the most popular designs in each area, as well as relevant guides and ideabooks
• Links to local professionals who homeowners can work with to secure legitimate estimates for their unique project
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.