What is your company doing to ensure its competitiveness — today and for the future?
In September, Wood & Wood Products will highlight the success strategies of wood products manufacturers as they strive to grow their business. Spanning all areas of the secondary woodworking marketplace, including components, to architectural woodworking, cabinetry, furniture, closets, etc., more than 140 companies submitted information for the 2012 WOOD 100.
Here is a sneak peek at a few of the strategies used to improve their businesses:
• Expanded sales force and market reach to grow market share.
• Relied heavily on social networking, including Facebook, to reach customers.
• Broadened their product range to include complementary products and accessories.
• Expanded material offerings to include certified wood.
• Continued their commitment to lean manufacturing.
• Upgraded their machinery as well as added new technology to streamline the entire manufacturing process and improve productivity.
Trade Shows Offer Firsthand Look at Technology
Woodworking operations need to operate at maximum efficiency to succeed. That means being cognizant of the resources and tools available to reduce waste, improve productivity and achieve higher profits.
Trade shows provide the perfect opportunity to not only view firsthand new and existing machinery, supplies and services, but also to network with others in the industry and to learn the tips and techniques you need to succeed in today’s competitive marketplace.
Visit WoodTechSummit.com for information on the new Wood Tech Summit, scheduled for Oct. 22-23 in Vancouver, and also check out WoodworkingNetwork.com for news on the upcoming Cabinets & Closets Conference & Expo (CCCE), which will debut February 27-March 1, 2013, at the New Jersey Convention & Exposition Center in Edison.
And be sure to check in with the staff of Woodworking Network (Wood & Wood Products, Custom Woodworking Business and Closets) Aug. 22-25 as we arrive in force at IWF, the largest woodworking show in North America. Visit WoodworkingNetwork.com/IWF to learn more about the biennial trade show, plus get a look at the social network opportunities and Innovation Soundstage events planned at our Booth #2429.
Whether you’re at the show or in the shop, keep watch at WoodworkingNetwork.com/IWF for the latest posting of news and highlights from the show. Online, and featured in daily e-newsletters, our coverage will include:
• Videos highlighting new technology and design innovations;
• Interviews with industry leaders on new developments in the industry;
• Winners of the Challengers Awards, Design Emphasis Awards and more.
Hope to see you at IWF, Wood Tech Summit and other industry events
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.