BILLERICA, MA - RIKON Power Tools launched launch of its New 10” x 18” Pen Lathe, Model # 70-105, which was designed specifically at the request of pen turners who wanted a sturdy, dedicated machine for their craft. This scaled-down, basic mini lathe is constructed of cast iron so vibration is not a factor, unlike other lathes made of aluminum. 5 Speed ranges, from 500 to 3200 RPM, cover the bases for boring barrel holes, roughing out pen billets, turning them to shape and finishing.
This Lathe can handle spindle turning projects up to 18” long with a 7-1/4” swing over the tool rest. The ample 10” swing over the lathe bed allows bowls, or platters, to be made up to 10” diameter. Its 1/2HP 1,700RPM motor provides ample power for any turning project. Sturdy cast iron design is 75 lbs. which makes this mini lathe very portable.
MSRP: $299.99. Available now for distribution.
The NEW 10” x 18” Pen Lathe provides the following features:
- Turning Capacity – 10” swing over the bed and 18” between centers allows turning of large work on this compact lathe.
- Motor – 1/2 HP 3.7 amp motor provides ample power for all types of turning projects.
- 5 Speed Ranges – Five step, multi-rib pulleys deliver dependable belt power for spindle or faceplate work.
- Ball-Bearing Construction – Headstock spindle rides on lifetime lubricated ball-bearings for smooth, precise operation.
- Hand Controls – Adjusting the tool rest base, tool rest, tailstock or live center are easy with the large handles and wheels.
- Big Lathe Specs – Includes a 1”x8TPI spindle, #2 Morse tapers, 1-3/4” ram travel, and takes 5/8” tool rest posts.
- Powder Coat Paint – Durable powder coat finish will hold up to years of use.
- Cast Iron Bed, Headstock and Tailstock - Heavy-duty cast iron reduces any vibration from the turning process.
- Lathe Includes – Spur center, live center, 6” tool rest, safety on/off switch, knock out bar and wrenches.
Optional Accessories for the #70-105 Pen Lathe:
70-920 Lathe Stand $159.99
70-906 Lathe Bed 21-1/2” Extension $79.99
70-913 Lathe Stand Extension $109.99
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.