Yelp expands hiring experience for the home and local services industry
Posted by Yelp
August 27, 2020 | 8:05 am CDT
Photo By Yelp
Yelp is expanding and revamping new guided questionnaires for Request-A-Quote to an additional 100 business categories in the coming months to help better match the right professionals with the most relevant projects, as well as giving consumers and businesses an easy way to schedule appointments right from the Yelp platform. Yelp is also introducing Nearby Jobs, a new paid product that gives professionals an effective way to proactively grow their business and get in front of more people looking to hire pros like them. The new experience is part of Yelp’s modernized new design, which makes connecting people with the right provider easier than ever.
Yelp’s reinventing the hiring experience for home and local services by introducing:
- For business owners, Nearby Jobs is a new paid product that lets them proactively connect with potential customers by sharing a feed of relevant jobs in their area. Nearby Jobs gives both established and newer businesses on the Yelp platform access to more available jobs, as well as greater control over the kinds of jobs they choose to take. Business owners can grow their business by easily pitching their services to consumers looking for competing quotes, particularly consumers who otherwise may not have typically discovered them. Nearby Jobs is rolling out to eligible businesses nationwide and will be fully available in the next few weeks with the ability to subscribe to this new experience for about $8 a day, or less
- Updated questionnaires: When a consumer begins the hiring process by requesting a quote, appointment or consultation, Yelp will ask a handful of tailored questions to help better describe their project or task. Oftentimes, people are unsure of the type of information service providers need to evaluate their job. This new feature takes the guesswork out of the equation and ensures business owners are armed with the right information they need to respond with accurate pricing or timing estimates.
- Rolling out across 100 categories: On August 18, the improved questionnaires will be live across nearly 60 business categories and will be rolling out to 100 total categories in the coming months. New categories available on August 18 include: auto repair, child care and day care, contractors, hair salons, session photography, pet groomers, real estate agents, and more.
- Scheduling with ease: To save consumers and businesses time and make scheduling more efficient, businesses can now easily share the days and times they are available for a consultation or appointment. With a tap of a button, consumers can then quickly confirm the option that works best for them. Users can easily add their upcoming appointment to their mobile device’s calendar. We first tested scheduling appointments on iOS early this year, and on August 18 it will launch across all platforms, including Android and web.
- Yelp’s new, modernized design helps tie our new hiring experience together. Our redesign was developed to demonstrate that we’ve grown beyond a discovery and review site, instead highlighting how we are a one-stop local platform where people can request a quote, book an appointment or order takeout and delivery. Yelp’s new look and feel has been rolled out on web across Yelp’s search results and business pages. Redesigned business pages on mobile devices are now live, with a new homescreen and search experience coming soon.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.