RAYMOND, N.H. — Northeast Woodworking Products, a cabinet shop in New Hampshire, was rocked by a 4-alarm blaze Saturday after fire officials say a wall too close to an oil furnace pipe ignited. Local news source MyWebTimes said the fire destroyed the shop and damaged other nearby businesses.

Fire Chief Kevin Pratt told MyWebTimes that the fire probably started with a furnace pipe in the shop’s attic. A wooden wall likely caught fire due to its close proximity to the pipe.

The building is old, said Pratt, and the wood had probably dried out over time. New building codes enforce such pipes to be at least 18 inches from walls.

Northeast Woodworking Products makes kitchen cabinets and vanities, and provides custom millwork.

The company said it lost a significant amount of cabinets and custom-made products that were about to be installed, along with contracts for current work.

The focus now is trying to get the business up and running in a temporary location until the company can rebuild.

Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.