MISSISSAUGA, Ontario - Microvellum will showcase its new estimating and project costing solution at booth #1503 of the Woodworking Machinery & Supply Conference & Expo, Oct. 31-Nov. 2 at the International Centre.
Microvellum says it knows that creating project estimates can be stressful, but adds that creating them without really knowing the true costs is even worse. As a result of having this understanding, Microvellum has developed new estimating tools that are designed to make it easier for users to bid on projects with confidence.
"We can help you take the guesswork out of project cost planning, making it faster and easier to ensure your next bid is accurate," the company says.
How it works
- Microvellum's new fully data-driven platform provides users with a complete solution for wood product design to manufacturing.
- The open architecture platform contains all the data related to project materials, quantities, and costs for sheet stock, solid stock, buyout materials, edgebanding, and hardware.
- Microvellum has added visibility to the time and labor costs for machining, edgebanding, product assembly, product handling, shipping, and installation to help the user predict how long it will take for products to to run through production.
- The platform also provides accurate machine cycle times for panel cutting, routing, drilling, and part labeling.
- More visibility has been added to help the user know how long it will take for part assembly, part handling, and hardware assembly.
- The software can keep track of the exact number and price of every screw, dowel, and cam needed and how long they will take to put in.
- The plaform can even help calculate how long it will take to load the truck and provide the total volume of space required for trucking a project.
Microvellum's team of experts will demonstrate the new project estimating software and other products throughout the three-day show. For additional information, visit microvellum.com and watch the accompanying video.
About CCI Media
CCI Canada is owned by CCI Media, a business-to-business media company focused exclusively on industrial wood products manufacturing markets in North America. CCI Media’s flagship publication, FDMC magazine, circulates monthly in print and digital formats. CCI Media also publishes the bi-monthly Closets & Organized Storage magazine. Woodworking Network is the umbrella brand for the combined portfolio of wood manufacturing print, digital, and web products and industry events operated by CCI Media. CCI Canada also produces the Woodworking Machinery & Supply Conference & Expo, Oct. 31-Nov.2, at the International Centre, Mississauga, Ontario and Salon Industriel du Bois Ouvré (SIBO), which will be held April 23-25, 2020, in Drummondville, Quebec.
In addition to WMS 2019 and SIBO 2020, CCI Media produces Wood Pro Expo Texas and the Cabinets & Closets Conference & Expo, both of which will be co-located March 11-13, 2020, at the Arlington Convention Center in Arlington, Texas. The company also produces Wood Pro Expo Lancaster 2019, to be held October 17-18, at Warehouse at the Nook, Manheim, Pa., and the Executive Briefing Conference, November 8-10, 2020, at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, Colo.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.