High school evacuates after its woodshop catches fire
November 5, 2020 | 12:20 pm CST
small-fire.jpg
OREM, Utah - A high school in Utah had to be evacuated after its woodshop caught fire.
 
According to the Orem High School Twitter account and fire officials, students were sent home early Monday after a fire within the shop's dust extractor. Officials say no structural damage occurred. 
 
The fire occurred while class was in session, triggering the fire alarm.
 
No injuries were reported.

Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.

Profile picture for user rdalheim
About the author
Robert Dalheim

Robert Dalheim is an editor at the Woodworking Network. Along with publishing online news articles, he writes feature stories for the FDMC print publication. He can be reached at robert.dalheim@woodworkingnetwork.com.