American Wood Council names new executives
December 2, 2020 | 12:46 pm CST
LEESBURG, Va. - The American Wood Council (AWC) has named Furman Brodie, vice president of Charles Ingram Lumber Co., as new chairman of its board of directors. Brodie will serve a one-year term.
“Furman has been in the wood products industry for over 28 years and has served on the AWC board for four years," said AWC president Jackson Morrill. "He has an extensive history of service to the wood products industry, assuming significant leadership roles on many association boards. I look forward to working with him as Chairman as we prepare for the opportunities and challenges to come in 2021.”
Newly appointed President & CEO of PotlatchDeltic Eric Cremers was elected First Vice-Chairman, and President & CEO of TR Miller Mill Company Ricky Stanley was elected as Second Vice-Chairman. LP Corporation’s Executive Vice President Neil Sherman will serve as the Immediate Past Chairman.
Fred Stimpson, President of Canfor Southern Pine, was elected to a third two-year term.
The full AWC board of directors includes:
- Chairman Furman Brodie, Charles Ingram Lumber Co.;
- First Vice-Chairman Eric Cremers, PotlatchDeltic;
- Second Vice-Chairman Ricky Stanley, TR Miller Mill;
- Immediate Past Chairman Neil Sherman, LP Corporation;
- and, Marc Brinkmeyer, Idaho Forest Group; Mike Dawson, Norbord, Inc.; George Emmerson, Sierra Pacific; Allyn Ford, Roseburg Forest Products; Nate Jorgensen, Boise Cascade; Fritz Mason, Georgia Pacific; Kevin McKinley, Canadian Wood Council; Sean McLaren, West Fraser; Andrew Miller, Stimson Lumber; Keith O’Rear, Weyerhaeuser Company; Joe Patton, Westervelt; Todd Payne, Seneca Sawmill; and Fred Stimpson, Canfor Southern Pine.
The American Wood Council is a voice for the North American wood products manufacturing. AWC represents 86 percent of the structural wood products industry.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.