Q: My kiln operator has asked me to find out about the Master Kiln Operator certification. Have you heard of this?

A:  If you email me your address (or use the old fashioned technique through the post office), I will send you an informational brochure.

This national certification, maintained by the University of Wisconsin and University of Minnesota, is an excellent way to acknowledge the skills of a good dry-kiln operator. It has several requirements including advanced training and passing an exam.

Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.