FRAMINGHAM, Mass. - Homesense, a new off-price home concept from The TJX Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TJX), will open its initial U.S. store this August in Framingham, MA.
With four store openings planned by the end of 2017, Homesense will offer on-trend, high-quality home merchandise at a great value.
The first Homesense store will open on August 17 in Shoppers World in Framingham, MA.
Homesense will offer a shopping experience that complements its sister chain, HomeGoods, by offering expanded departments such as large-scale furniture, lighting and art, as well as new departments like a general store. While sharing the same name, the Homesense concept in the U.S. will differ from stores bearing the same name in Europe or Canada. Rooted in inspiration and discovery, shoppers will be invited to uncover exciting finds from around the world with a greater depth of merchandise in certain categories to fuel inspiration, such as:
- A broad assortment of furniture. – Customers may find oversized upholstery, such as sectionals and sofas, futons and day beds, as well as leather furniture and expanded at-home workplace essentials, such as desks, bookcases and filing cabinets.
- Accent décor conceptually displayed to entice the senses and inspire new discovery. – This may include oversize rugs up to 14 feet long, as well as rounds, runners and scatters; a wide variety of hanging chandeliers and brightly lit lamps displayed individually in dedicated cubbies so that shoppers can more easily picture them in their own home; and a chair gallery where shoppers may discover everything from dining chairs to bar stools as well as pillows, poufs and ottomans of different sizes and shapes for comfortable, stylish lounging options.
- Expansive displays of art, mounted for gallery-style shopping. – Free-standing fixtures and oversized easels to complement the in-store gallery wall and help customers visualize the fit in their spaces.
- Entertaining options for holidays and other special occasions. – Customers may find unique bar and game room furniture, such as card tables, pool tables, foosball tables and more, and an expanded selection of gifting items and wrapping essentials, making Homesense a go-to stop for at-home entertaining.
- A "General Store" with all things organization, cleaning and home improvement. – Customers can discover hardware merchandise for the home, such as mailboxes, door stops, toolkits and fireplace needs; storage options like cubbies, storage lockers and more; and outdoor options like garden storage and furniture covers.
"Just as our customers enjoy shopping both TJ Maxx and Marshalls, we are confident that loyal customers and new shoppers alike will be excited about shopping both Homesense and HomeGoods," said John Ricciuti, President of HomeGoods and Homesense in the U.S. "As the U.S. home market continues to grow, we are excited to bring consumers an expanded selection of quality merchandise at incredible prices, along with a new shopping experience in which they can discover and curate the home of their dreams."
The first Homesense store will open on August 17 in Framingham, MA, with special grand opening day hours of 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Regular store hours are Monday through Saturday, from 9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Following the Framingham Homesense location, store openings are planned in East Hanover, NJ, Ocean Township, NJ, and Westwood, MA later in 2017. For more information, please visit http://us.homesense.com/ and follow Homesense on Instagram and Facebook.
Homesense is a new home concept in the U.S. from The TJX Companies, Inc., the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. Complementing sister brand HomeGoods, Homesense offers unexpected finds for the home through an ever-changing selection of brand names and global discoveries, all at amazing value. Discover more: visit Homesense.com, facebook.com/HomesenseUS and on Instagram @Homesense_US.
HomeGoods operates almost 600 stores across the country and is a division of The TJX Companies, Inc., the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. As of April 29, 2017, the Company operated over 3,800 stores including TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post stores as well as sierratradingpost.com and tjmaxx.com in the United States; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls stores in Canada; TK Maxx and Homesense stores, as well as tkmaxx.com in Europe; and TK Maxx stores in Australia. For store locations and additional information, please visit www.homegoods.com and www.tjx.com.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.