Connectors eliminate the need for edge drilling
May 18, 2018 | 5:06 am CDT
LANCASTER -- Colonial Saw's Cabineo is a time-saving furniture connector that eliminates the need for edge drilling. The concept behind Cabineo is to use a minimal amount of resources for a maximum of functionality, offering considerable advantages throughout the entire process. Cabineo is inserted into a surface-only routed shape on the cabinet during production or installation. When factory-installed, they are easily flat-packed for transport, and end-users don’t need to install loose fittings. Cabineo can be used with all kinds of CNC machines, including very simple 3-axis and nested-based machines. Installers can then singlehandedly install the finished product with just a cordless drill and clip on astatic colored cover caps in seconds. Product testers report drastically reduced setup time and absolutely zero mistakes during assembly.
Advantages and features
- Process optimization due to clean surface machining; No horizontal boring required
- Reduced height of 10mm for panel thicknesses of 12mm or more
- One-piece connector without dowel; no need for preassembly of screws or dowels in the side sections
- Flat-pack delivery with preassembled connectors
- Possible disassembly for transportation or if the fixed shelves need to be adjusted
- Possibility of retro connector fixed shelves or vertical partitions in a cabinet that has already been installed
Cabineo is inserted into a surface-only routed shape on the cabinet during production or installation.
Colonial Saw will be exhibiting in Booth 33 at the Lancaster Wood Pro Expo. Click HERE to see a complete list of exhibitors.
Wood Pro Expo is the regional show series that brings education, equipment, and supplies close to cabinetmakers and custom woodworking businesses around the country. It will include a strong educational program on best practices for shop production, and as well as an expo oriented to equipment and supplies geared to the small and medium size shops, including CNC basics, employee recruitment, finishing, lean manufacturing, business management, software, and shop safety.
Launched in 2014 in Baltimore, Wood Pro Expo was first held in Lancaster in October, 2017. It returns to Lancaster October 18-19, 2018 and Charlotte March 16-18, 2019.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.