SAN DIEGO -- Woodworking Network, which owns and manages the Closets Conference/Wood Pro Expo California. presented a webinar at 11 a.m. PT on April 13 offering 22 reasons to attend the event. You can watch the recorded presentation below:
The co-located events, scheduled for April 26-29, at the Hilton Gaslamp Quarter and San Diego Convention Center look to build on the success of the 2021 show held in West Palm Beach, Fla., where more than 1,000 closet, cabinet, and woodworking professionals gathered. It marked the wood product industry’s first in-person event to take place since COVID-19 was declared a national pandemic in March 2020.
“All systems go for a great event,” said Laurel Didier, publisher of Closets & Organized Storage and manager of the event. "Check out the webinar for a sneak peek at what to expect in San Diego." She offered a sampling of the highlights that were discussed during the webinar:
Tuesday – April 26 -- Icebreaker reception with the Association of Closet and Organized Storage ACSP, sponsored by Richelieu.
Wednesday – April 27 -
- Conference Day, keynote by Laurie Haefele, discussing “How to Turn Afterthought Closets into Custom Luxury Wardrobes."
- Wood Pro Conference, including FDMC editor Will Sampson's Annual Pricing Survey.
- Closets Conference, including Organize Your Business, by Jane Stoller, founder of Organized Jane.
- Networking Luncheon sponsored by Wood Taiwan.
- Virtual Plant Tour of Montbleau & Associates high-tech Tiajuana, Mexico, plant and Reception.
Thursday -- April 28
- CMA Breakfast with “What's Your Problem” roundtable discussions.
- Free keynote presented by Sensei Leader Jim Bouchard, who will focus on how leaders can attract, train, and retain their employees by creating a positive culture within their organizations.
- Expo floor opens.
- Top Shelf Awards Gala.
Friday -- April 29
- Free keynote -- Lean in the Pandemic with FDMC columnist and lean guru, Brad Cairns.
- The Great Closets Challenge.
- Free afternoon keynote with Material Intelligence Founder, Kenn Busch, Sustainability and Materials Trends.
- Installation clinics 2.0 and 3.0
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.