About the Event:
A safe work environment protects your employees and your business. Are there health and safety hazards or risks in your facility you need to protect against and are you prepared for unexpected spot inspections?
This December 1st, from 9 am – 1 pm, WMCO will be hosting an Industrial Safety Trainers – Health & Safety Risk Management Training Event.
This 4-hour training event will cover:
- A brief review of the hazards found in the workshop (hand tools, stationary tools, etc.)
- Contributing factors to hazards (people, equipment, materials, environment, and process)
- Purpose of conducting risk assessment (assessing each step of a task for hazards)
- Outline of risk factors used in the risk assessment
- Review of Industrial Safety Trainers risk assessment document and instructions for completion
- Completion of a risk assessment for a workshop process that is common to the participants
- We will put each workplace into breakout rooms to allow time to focus; the instructor will jump in and out of each room to assist them.
- Each workplace will receive a downloadable document for future use. The paper will contain the risk assessment and instructions on how to complete it.