About the Event:
- Keynote presentation: Manufacturing FutureHaus – Joe Wheeler, Professor of Architecture + Design at Virginia Tech University. FutureHAUS is the revolutionary prototype for the home of the future, with designs that lend themselves to modular furniture manufacture. Over four years, prototypes for the kitchen, bath, living room, bedrooms and home offices have been developed. 25 industry partners, including lead sponsor California Closets, provided design expertise to maximize function and aesthetics.
- Love Thy Data: mining manufacturing data provides insight into production issues and opportunities for business and sales growth. Expert Mick Peters talks about mining factory data.
- Joint Development Case Studies:
- Decore-ative Specialties VP Todd Shapiro and Bacci American’s Joe Barry recount the year-long joint development of Bacci CNC sanding system
- Timberline Cabinetry & Millwork’s Kent Swinson and software expert Roger Shaw recount tailoring of Production Coach enterprise software following a plant audit.
- North American Plywood GM Donald Kuser details joint-development of Fuji Inca Onset highspeed digital staining, that turns 5x10’ plywood sheets to a high-def oak veneer look in 90 seconds.
- RCS Millwork’s Dan Keller and Innergy’s Marc Sanderson will talk about the development of a plant-wode management system to integrate machinery and processes.
- Sustainable Wood Manufacturing - A presentation by one of the world’s largest wood products manufacturers will trace a giant’s efforts to reduce the environmental impact of its production panel products.
Plus these exciting panels on management and materials
- Your wood manufacturing marketing manager job description:
- Changing of the Guard: 40 Under 40s take charge
- Materials: a look at advanced laser-imaged surfaces; sublimation wood decoration; and “sewn” furniture frames