LAS VEGAS – Sherwin-Williams is showcasing coatings and product finishing solutions that offer improved throughput, style and performance to manufacturers of flooring, kitchen cabinets, wood furniture and wood building products at AWFS Fair 2015, booth #6309.
“It is our goal to be a true partner with our customers, going beyond coatings with a complete finishing solution including consumables up to full finishing systems, all supported locally from our company-owned facilities,” said Laura Kelleher, VP global marketing. “We moved into the prefinished wood flooring market while continuing our leadership in serving the cabinetry and furniture segments.”
Products featured in the Sherwin-Williams booth at AWFS Fair 2015 include:
• SHER-WOOD SB Stain System. This family of spray and wipe stains offers fast, repeatable color matching with tight tolerances for batch-to-batch consistency and clarity. The stain’s enhanced anti-settling feature boosts its stability and color dispersion while increasing workability in a full range of colors. SHER-WOOD SB Stain System is used in tandem with Sherwin-Williams Aurora Color System, an intuitive online stain management program that allows manufacturers to produce custom formulas, share formulas across manufacturing sites, manage inventory, and handle VOC reporting.
• Ultra-Cure Waterborne UV Pigmented Blending System. This waterborne technology delivers accurate color and gloss matches while helping manufacturers meet environmental emissions considerations. The system provides customization and quick turnaround, cutting lead times from weeks to as few as three days. Blended at five regional facilities to ensure product consistency, the quick-curing finish may be applied to any wood product that can run flat on a finishing line to increase throughput and maximize production efficiency.
• A complete family of high-performance prefinish coatings for flooring applications, including ceramic topcoats, high-Taber sealers, armor coat, UV oil, hydro primers, dual-cure putty, and fillers and sealers. Sherwin-Williams launched these products at NWFA Flooring Expo in April, bringing its years of product finishing experience and expertise to the North American residential and commercial flooring coatings market.
• A full line of formaldehyde-free finishes. This complete line includes lacquers, conversion varnishes, sealers, surfacers and primer/surfacers. These products allow finishers to eliminate the strong odor of formaldehyde from the finishing process as well as the residual odor that often causes complaints during installation and unpacking of wood products. All formaldehyde-free finishes may be used as drop-in coatings on existing finishing lines, saving manufacturers the expense and time of purchasing and installing new equipment.
• Sayerlack Accent Finishes. This full line of premium finishes can be used to achieve textured, crackle and chip paint effects that evoke traditional appearances and allow manufacturers to meet the demands of today’s trends. Manufacturers can create customized looks by using a single finish or by combining multiple effects. Easy-to-follow step-by-step program guides and tools, including online video, are available to assist in creating unique appearances.
• Sayerlack Hydroplus. A waterborne system, this finish that provides a natural look for exterior wood products. The durable finish protects against solar radiation, fungi and mold, and offers long-term protection for products such as windows and outdoor shutters.
• The new AutoSpray automated flat-line finishing solution. Sherwin-Williams offers a wide variety of finishing solutions to its customers, including AutoSpray. This product allows manufacturers to transition from manual spray applications to an automated solution that improves production rates and operational efficiency. AutoSpray also enhances product consistency, and lowers labor and product costs.
To learn more about any of the products or programs highlighted by Sherwin-Williams at AWFS, please visit http://oem.sherwin-williams.com/awfsfair.
The Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW), through its Product Finishes Division, is an industrial coatings leader that delivers local finishing solutions on a global scale to OEMs and tier suppliers. Comprised of coatings professionals dedicated to providing unparalleled customer support, Sherwin-Williams brings value to the finishing process through solutions like on-site technical assistance, customized products, color and design services, and process improvement expertise. With innovative liquid and powder coating technologies to protect wood, metal and plastic, as well as finishing equipment and supplies needed for coatings application, Sherwin-Williams utilizes an infrastructure spanning six continents to provide better finishing solutions for manufacturers. For a Better Finish.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.