The smartSHOP debuted at AWFS Vegas, with a working display of automated equipment for the small cabinet shop. The smartSHOP allowed attendees to get a close-up look at how all the processes of cabinet construction, from software to assembly, could be automated to improve productivity.
Sixteen exhibitors donated the machinery and supplies used in the demonstration:
• Adwood Corp. (edgebanders, edgebanding materials and hotmelt)
• Anderson America (CNC router)
• CP Adhesives (hotmelt glue gun and glue pressure pot)
• Dantherm Filtration (dust collection)
• Decore-ative Specialties (door and drawer faces, drawer boxes)
• Delta/Porter-Cable (drills)
• Grass America (hardware)
• Hafele America (hardware accessories/carts)
• Hess Group (material handling)
• Laguna Tools (material handling and work table)
• Planit Solutions (software)
• Royal Plywood (panels)
• Saunders Brothers (dowel pins)
• Thompson Industries (hinge insertion machine)
• Tritec/Gannomat (horizontal drill and case clamp)
• Woodworking Machinery Distributors/WMD (multi-spindle drill)
“Seeing the smartSHOP in action will be educational for all our exhibitors and attendees,” said Marguerite Hoffman, AWFS vice president of trade shows. “We appreciate our sponsors, who made this happen. And out of it comes another great end product — the chance to help a deserving local charity.”
The cabinets produced during the show will be donated to The Animal Foundation, a Las Vegas area open-admission animal shelter and multi-service animal humane agency.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.