1. If more than one pass is needed on a workpiece, do it by raising the cutter rather than adjusting the fence.
2. CNC positioning for the spindle height and fence location allows the operator to switch back and forth from different profiles and takes out the human error factor.
3. Using HSK quick-change spindles can save valuable time from changing out cutters on the spindle each time a different profile is required.
4. A power feeder gives a shaper added flexibility to create custom profiles.
5. Pay attention to the feed rate. It should be fast enough to prevent burning, yet provide a smooth cut.
For a list of shaper suppliers, visit RedBookOnline.com
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.