Many wood product manufacturers outsource from U.S. and Canadian suppliers. According to an outsourcing study conducted by Vance Research Services for the Wood Component Manufacturers Association, more than 90 percent of North American woodworking professionals purchase their components from U.S. and Canadian suppliers. The top reasons cited for buying components include:
• Consistent quality
• Good relationship with supplier
• Better control over costs
• Shorter lead times
• Lack of equipment
• Ability to add new products
• Quicker, on-time deliveries
• Reduce inventories
• Technical capabilities of supplier
• Wider species of wood and materials
• Less waste
To see the complete results of this study, click here.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.