New model helps understand behavior of wood in different moisture and temperature conditions

Wood's moisture content makes it difficult to use as load-bearing structures without drying processes, but in a new dissertation in building technology, Winston Mmari studies the interaction between heat, moisture, and transport mechanisms in wood and develops a model to predict the behavior of wood under mechanical load at different moisture and temperature conditions.

Woodworking Industry News

HOMAG Group acquires stake in timber house software specialist granIT

SCHOPFLOCH — The HOMAG Group acquires 26 percent of the shares in the Reutlingen-based software company granIT, thus strengthening its digital expertise in the growth area of timber house construction. To date, SchwörerHaus, one of Germany’s largest prefabricated house manufacturers, holds 76 percent of the shares in granIT GmbH, which was founded in 1995. The remaining 24 percent belongs to granIT’s managing director, Wolfgang Bock. Both shareholders are selling shares.