LINCOLNSHIRE, IL - Woodworking Network has announced its 2012 webcast schedule, a series of six one-hour free educational sessions for geared to specific segments of the custom woodshop and production wood manufacturing markets.
The webcast series builds on two years of successful online educational events at Woodworking Network - the most trafficked website in the professional wood manufacturing industry.
• March 28 - Lumber Chain of Custody: Woodworking Network-Purdue U.'s 2011 Green Wood sessions looked at LEED and Lacey chain of custody. We'll update you on chain-of-custody schemes and California's Transparency in Supply Chains Act. Learn more or
• May 16 - Customize, Optimize: Lean for Smaller Operations: best practices in optimization of workflow, just-in-time inventory management and best practices in materials handling and work-in-progress. Learn more or
• Sept. 19 - Converting Bids to Orders: Woodworking Network's popular sales and marketing personality Rick Hill says the best way to bring in more sales is to turn more quotes into orders. You'll learn how to do it. Click here to read more about this webcast, or
• Oct. 17 - Closet Crossovers - Closet firms are handling kitchen cabinetry; cabinetmakers are doing closets. We'll talk to two who've done both, opening new market opportunities. Click here to learn more about this webcast or
• Nov. 14 - Wood 100 - Key Strategies for Success: The best and the brightest of woodworking managers from all walks of the industry - custom, production, specialty. Click here to read more about the WOOD 100 webcast or
• December 5 - Finishing To Grow Sales: Finishing guru Bernie Bottens focuses on versatility in finishing and coating to help you venture into new markets and grow business, drawing tricks from traditional techniques and new finishing advances. Click here to learn more.