TACOMA, WA -- APA-The Engineered Wood Association recently launched APAWood-europe.org, a website featuring information on North American engineered wood products and wood structural panels for European specifiers.
The online resource provides easy access to relevant performance characteristics for U.S.- trademarked, CE-marked products, including plywood and OSB, I-joists, and structural composite lumber. Among the site’s offerings:
• An overview of the major wood product categories, including education on properties, grades, and performance characteristics
• Information on engineered wood’s compliance with the Construction Products Regulation (CPR), taking effect July 1, and other EU regulations
• An extensive library of technical publications, including installation guidelines and case studies
• Sustainability information, including life cycle analysis, forest management, and compliance with EU timber regulations
• A Help Desk manned by engineered wood specialists
• An online Wood University with additional learning opportunities
“Importers and designers in Europe frequently approach us with requests for information about wood structural panels and engineered wood products,” said Charles Barnes, APA’s international marketing director. “This website will provide much of the general information they need and serve as an avenue for linking to North American manufacturers.”
The website replaces a European website that was originally developed in the 1990s. The new site is in English; additional platforms will be added as needed and as North American manufacturers explore other market opportunities in Europe.
In addition to providing product information and explanations of the European standards and regulations, the website also offers links to materials on APA’s other websites, including its flagship site, APAwood.org, and its CAD details library, APA.cad.org.