Registration is open for Wood Tech Summit, a management level conference for North American woodworking professionals, Oct. 22-23, 2012, at the University of British Columbia’s Robson Square campus in downtown Vancouver.
Wood Tech Summit represents the latest collaboration between the Centre for Advanced Wood Processing (CAWP) at UBC and Woodworking Network. The two-day event will feature three comprehensive full-day conferences — Wood Finishing, Plant Productivity and Business Development. The event will also feature a Networking Reception on the evening of Monday, Oct. 22, including tabletop displays by leading industry suppliers.
Highlights of 2012 Wood Tech Summit include:
• Opening Finishing Conference keynote presentation by Judson Beaumont, owner of Straight Line Designs and a one-of-a-kind designer and fabricator of custom wood products;
• Finishing & Business Development presentations by Bernie Bottens, contributing finishing expert for Woodworking Network and Custom Woodworking Business magazine;
• Finishing Conference presentation by Denis Staples, president of Deslaurier Custom Cabinets, whose successful rebuild of the shop he co-owns after a devastating fire is featured in the book, That’ll Never Work, Business Lessons From Successful Canadian Entrepreneurs;
• Plant Productivity presentation on North America’s first fully automated lights out wood products manufacturing operation;
• Plus, Finishing R&D, Green Marketing, Drumming Up Business with Social Media, 21st Century Prototyping and Integrating CAD/CAM with CNC Machining.
Register and learn more about Wood Tech Summit, including confirmed presentations, at WoodTechSummit.com.
For more information about attending the Wood Tech Summit or exhibit and sponsorship opportunities, contact: Iain Macdonald, Managing Director, Centre for Advanced Wood Processing at 604-822-1472, e-mail email@example.com; or Rich Christianson, Vance Communications, 847-415-8024, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.