Wood Tech Summit Salutes Innovation
By Rich Christianson | Posted: 07/03/2013 8:35AM
Bastien Larouche of Ro-Bois-Tic will be among the presenters at the 2013 Wood Tech Summit. Robotic cells, RFID technology and manufacturing in a wood products cluster are among the topics that will be addressed at the Wood Tech Summit Leadership Conference being organized by Woodworking Network and the Centre for Advanced Wood Processing.
This unique one-day conference, featuring tabletop exhibits, will take place Oct. 23 in Toronto, the day before the opening of the Woodworking Machinery & Supply Expo, Canada’s largest woodworking event.
The elite line-up of distinguished speakers, each personally invited by the organizers, Woodworking Network and the Centre for Advance Wood Processing, includes:
• Bastien Larouche, Ro-Bois-Tic, the one-man, one-robot woodworking plant featured on the February cover of Wood Products;
• Denis Staples, co-owner of Deslaurier Custom Cabinets, a company whose rise from the ashes of a devastating fire was so compelling that it was featured in a best-selling book;
• Ann-Marie Snook of Nienkämper, a multiple winner of design awards and recognized as one of Canada’s 50 best-managed companies;
• Luke Elias of Muskoka Cabinet Co., which is using RFID technology to track production and inventory flow;
• Pierre Fournier of Triangle Kitchen Ltd., which augments its domestic manufacturing with off-shoring;
• Adam Hofmann of Bogdon & Gross Furniture (BG), which has seized the benefits of operating within a wood manufacturing cluster; and
• Sepp Gmeiner of Lignum Consulting who has a pulse on technology trends.
About the Author
Rich ChristiansonRich Christianson is Associate Publisher and Editor at Large of Woodworking Network. During his 25+ years covering the wood products industry, Rich has toured hundreds of manufacturing plants throughout North America, Europe and Asia. His reporting has covered everything from the state of the industry and impact of wood imports to technology and environmental issues. In his current capacity he is responsible for editing the daily Woodworking Network Update newsletter and coordinating events including the annual Cabinets & Closets Conference & Expo and Canada’s biennial Woodworking Machinery & Supply Expo. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Google+.
Read more of Rich Christianson's blogs.