Designers: Here's Your Chance to be Next HGTV Star
By Michaelle Bradford | Posted: 01/08/2014 4:30PM
Dreaming of becoming the next HGTV star? Have friends and clients declared that you could host your own cable show?
Then you just might be in luck, especially if you’re planning to attend the Kitchen & Industry Bath Show (KBIS) in Las Vegas this year.
HGTV and DIY Network are holding an open call for auditions at their booth -- NKBA Center Stage (N2163) -- on the following dates:
Tuesday, February 4
• 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Wednesday, February 5
• 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Thursday, February 6
• 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm
It’s first-come, first-serve, so make sure to get there early. All you’ll need for the audition is a signed release and answer a few questions — a captivating personality can’t hurt.
Plus, the networks were kind enough to provide these tips and sample questions:
• Be yourself. Don’t try to be ‘A Host’.
• Stay loose and relaxed. Have fun with it.
• Low energy is a killer. Think Red Bull, not Sleepy Time tea.
• Don’t look into the camera. Focus on the producer…
• Things we like: smiles, smarts, wit.
Some Questions HGTV and DIY Networks may ask:
• Give us a quick rundown on what you do now.
• Do you have expertise in the home renovation, design or real estate world?
• Tell us about your hands-on experience with projects.
• Do you work full-time? What’s your work schedule like?
• Tell us a funny story relating to home improvement.
About the Author
Michaelle BradfordMichaelle Bradford is Managing Editor of Woodworking Network magazine and Custom Built Interiors Weekly eNewsletter. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or Google+.