Robotic cells, RFID technology and manufacturing in a wood products cluster are among the topics that will be addressed at the Wood Tech Summit Leadership Conference being organized by Woodworking Network and the Centre for Advanced Wood Processing.
This unique one-day conference, featuring tabletop exhibits, will take place Oct. 23 in Toronto, the day before the opening of the Woodworking Machinery & Supply Expo, Canada’s largest woodworking event.
The elite line-up of distinguished speakers, each personally invited by the organizers, Woodworking Network and the Centre for Advance Wood Processing, includes:
• Bastien Larouche, Ro-Bois-Tic, the one-man, one-robot woodworking plant featured on the February cover of Wood Products;
• Denis Staples, co-owner of Deslaurier Custom Cabinets, a company whose rise from the ashes of a devastating fire was so compelling that it was featured in a best-selling book;
• Ann-Marie Snook of Nienkämper, a multiple winner of design awards and recognized as one of Canada’s 50 best-managed companies;
• Luke Elias of Muskoka Cabinet Co., which is using RFID technology to track production and inventory flow;
• Pierre Fournier of Triangle Kitchen Ltd., which augments its domestic manufacturing with off-shoring;
• Adam Hofmann of Bogdon & Gross Furniture (BG), which has seized the benefits of operating within a wood manufacturing cluster; and
• Sepp Gmeiner of Lignum Consulting who has a pulse on technology trends.