Graco ProMix Speeds Color Changeover; Cuts Finish Material Waste
By Rich Christianson | Posted: 05/31/2014 11:05AM
MINNEAPOLIS, MN - Graco Inc.’s ProMix PD2K, a positive displacement proportioner for mixing wood finishes and paints, is a finalist in the IWF 2014 Challengers Awards competition.
Having the material mixer in close proximity to the spray guns makes for a "significantly smaller" flush zone, Graco says. This translates into helping the wood finisher reduce material consumption, waste material costs and facilitate faster color changes.
According to Graco, the ProMix PD2K offers many advantages, including:
• Up to 80% reduction in flushing waste over the traditional proportioning systems;
• Limited mixed material in the system, making it well suited for short pot life materials;
• Faster color changes and less material to flush equals less waste and less downtime;
• Stalls under pressure for consistent, on-ratio results (within 1% accuracy);
• Ability to proportion both epoxy and urethane with one system;
• Manage up to 30 colors and four catalysts with two or four dosing pumps; and
• Field serviceable in less than 20 minutes with no need for factory rebuilds like gear pumps.
The ProMix PD2K, further explained in the video below, won a 2013 Visionary New Product Award at the 2013 AWFS Fair in Las Vegas.
IWF 2014 attendees can see the system in action at Graco's booth #2029 during the 2014 International Woodworking Fair at the Georgia World Congress Center, Aug. 20-23 in Atlanta.
About the Author
Rich ChristiansonRich Christianson is Associate Publisher and Editor at Large of Woodworking Network. During his 25+ years covering the wood products industry, Rich has toured hundreds of manufacturing plants throughout North America, Europe and Asia. His reporting has covered everything from the state of the industry and impact of wood imports to technology and environmental issues. In his current capacity he is responsible for editing the daily Woodworking Network Update newsletter and coordinating events including the annual Cabinets & Closets Conference & Expo and Canada’s biennial Woodworking Machinery & Supply Expo. He can be contacted at email@example.com or follow him on Google+.
Read more of Rich Christianson's blogs.