What is the best grinding wheel for grinding saw blades?
There are many grinding wheels to choose from on the market and finding the right one for your needs can seem like searching for a needle in a haystack. There are many variables to consider when selecting the correct wheel:
• What machine will grind the blade?
• What material (carbide, cermet, stellite) will be ground?
• What grit and concentration should be used?
• What feeds and speeds should be used?
• How long will the grinding wheel last?
• How does coolant affect the grind?
These questions and more all play a part in the final grinding result. Having the correct information will allow you to get the most out of your grinding wheels, save money and ensure you are offering a quality product to your customers. The suppliers of grinding wheels are happy to take an active role with customers in finding the grinding wheel that works best for their application.
Source: Shannon Fox is the Sawing Technology manager for Vollmer of America Corp. For information, visit Vollmer-US.com or call (412) 278-0655.
For suppliers of tool grinding equipment, visit RedBookOnline.com