Solutions to make daily work easier, to improve efficiency, to minimize errors, to increase flexibility and output – HOLZMA showcased a raft of innovations on this theme at LIGNA 2013. New technologies, new processes and a completely revamped product portfolio provide greater efficiency in panel cutting.
"To stay competitive, customers from trade and industry are being obliged to cut their production costs without sacrificing quality. All our LIGNA innovations will help our customers come even closer to achieving this goal," comments Martin Kress, HOLZMA Product Manager. The interest they aroused among visitors to the fair was correspondingly high: "The amount of positive feedback we received and the many discussions we had with customers show that we are right on target with our innovations," concludes Holger Bomm, Managing Director of HOLZMA Plattenaufteiltechnik GmbH.
Revamped product portfolio
HOLZMA has radically revamped, streamlined and simplified its range of products in the 3 and 4 series.
This means customers now benefit from far greater flexibility in equipping their new HOLZMA saws. Whether it's a single saw or an angular system, an HPP, HPL or HKL, the standard models of the 3 and 4 series have everything a panel saw needs. No less, but also no more. Customers can decide exactly what 'more' they want – choosing from a wide range of optional features with far greater flexibility than before. A further adantage is that the standard machines are available at substantially lower prices than before. This means customers invest not a cent too much in technology, but instead equip their HOLZMA saws individually to meet their own production requirements.
That saves costs, simplifies investment decisions and increases flexibility – also for retrofits at a later date.
The new models: HPP 300, HPL 300, HKL 300. All models are also available as profiLine version with an even wider choice of options. The 4 series is similarly structured with models HPP, HPL and HKL 400. Also new: The option of choosing the saw blade projection is available for all models of both series.
New destacking concept with operator guidance
HOLZMA conducts in-depth analysis of processes related to cutting operations and offers more and more concepts to reduce inefficient non-productive time. In the interest of the customer, HOLZMA provides for increased efficiency in production. The latest innovation, a world first, was launched at the LIGNA fair: the new destacking concept.
This guides the operator intuitively, from depositing the first part to forming the perfectly stacked pallet. The solution is underpinned by a general software and hardware concept that enchances efficiency and ergonomics in all work steps.
• The destacking software guides the operator intuitively. The operator is shown which part he has to place on which destacking or buffer station and when he should do it
• Smooth processes
• Times and routes that do not add value are systematically reduced
• The parts buffer is integrated into the process in an anticipatory way
• Errors are virtually eliminated
• Stack formation is bound to the pre-selected stacking strategy
• This produces solid stacks in a sensible order with significantly less space required (fewer pallets required)
• No bottlenecks at the saw caused by workers
• Better ergonomics
• Flexible use of personnel
Above all, it is the interaction of the different elements comprised in the overall concept that achieves the best possible results:
• They include the software module ("destacking module PRACTIVE")
• Including the new label design feature: Pictograms on the label indicate the designated pallet for the part and the precise location
• Including the new way of forming stacks:
… safely and stably
… sorted by
customer / material / subsequent processing step
… significantly reducing the number of pallets required
… cutting out unnecessary routes
• Parts buffer (new design, resulting in the ergonomically correct position of the waste/trim container)
• Manual label printer (with swiveling arm when combined with the parts buffer)
• Automatic label printer near the pressure beam
• New feeding and destacking aid – also serves as a buffer zone, for example for headcuts
• New scissor lift pallet truck with automatic height adjustment: Allows ergonomic destacking and can also be used to transport parts to a subsequent processing station (e.g. an edge banding machine). There it functions as a feeding and destacking aid. In this way, batches can be reliably grouped together and search time is minimized
The new destacking concept is recommended particularly for single saws or angular saws with manual destacking. Especially in the case of batch size 1 or small series production and for very high output, as achieved, for example, by the Power Concept.
The new software module is available for the 3 and 4 series in combination with CADmatic 4.1 PROFESSIONAL or CADmatic 4.5 PROFESSIONAL.
dustEx new extraction technology: especially for dust cuts
HOLZMA was one of the first manufacturers to introduce a machine table with air jets throughout. dustEx now offers the next leap forward. This feature is all about technological innovations in dust extraction along the cutting line:
• New combination air jets along the cutting line transport dust and chips specifically towards the right-angled fence – while also retaining their cushioning function for gentle material handling
• The extraction geometry at the right-angled fence has been further improved – even more dust and chips are now picked up
• Also recommended: A front and rear dust trap curtain rounds off the dustEx package (only possible at the rear in combination with the pressure beam printer)
This means that dust cuts – the REAL test of any extraction system – no longer need to be feared. For very little extra cost. The new technology is available for selected models of the 3 and 4 series.
New look, improved technology: the 2 series
HOLZMA has also redesigned the 2 series and showcased the new features at LIGNA. The HPP 230, HPP 250 and HPP 250 profiline models have undergone a facelift and their design is now even more similar to that of the 3 series models – more dynamic and more modern. Furthermore, the HPP 250 / HPP 250 profiLine models now boast a higher saw blade projection of 80 mm. This means increased performance for customers; cutting 4 x 16 mm books to finished cut quality is now no problem. Other new features:
• Automatic pressure beam control is now available as an option and really boosts output (only for HPP 250 / HPP 250 profiLine)
• Various technical improvements:
e.g. program fence now with servodrive
(only for HPP 250 / HPP 250 profiLine)
e.g. improved pressure beam geometry
• Design changes to improve extraction near the cuttling line
• All clamps now with adjustable depth
Innovation Center in Hall 26
Another HOLZMA innovation awaited LIGNA visitors in the HOMAG Group Innovation Center. HOLZMA presented a concept study featuring totally new approaches in the area of panel dividing technology – namely of how to make automatic drilling, routing and cutting possible on a panel dividing saw. "Customer interest is there. We have had several interesting discussions and gained important insights," remarks Product Manager Martin Kress and adds: "Once again we are following our guiding principle 'HOLZMA – more than just cutting.'"
Even more technology, service, software and systems
Further new developments revolving around the subject of panel cutting rounded off the HOLZMA highlights at the fair. These ranged from new ecoPlus technologies for even greater energy savings to optimized extraction solutions, innovations for the in-topic of saw-store combinations and new software products from HOLZMA. For example, new features of the latest version 9 of the optimization software Cut Rite were presented. The HOLZMA Service Team too was at the fair, advising customers and presenting attractive expo offers.