Tolland, CT – CNC Software, Inc., producer of Mastercam CAD/CAM software, announces the 2013 Mastercam Innovator of the Future (IOF) national competition! This competition entices students and young adults with a real-world manufacturing challenge, celebrity judge, and a chance to win $1,000 towards their schooling needs. The competition provides instructors with a powerful motivational tool to get students excited about learning CAD/CAM and the manufacturing process, and gives parents an opportunity to get their children involved in manufacturing.
For the 2013 competition, students are challenged to design and machine 1 of 3 parts—a connecting rod, racing wheel, or short shifter. The winning part will be selected based on several criteria including accuracy, creativity, and cleanliness of the part.
The Celebrity Judge
The 2013 IOF competition will be judged by a team of experts at VAC Motorsports. VAC Motorsports, located in historic Philadelphia, PA, is the world’s ultimate source for serious BMW performance and racing parts. On top of providing parts, they operate a state-of-the-art body shop, full service repair shop, full engine and manufacturing machine shop, providing new and used parts from a facility that covers more than 14,000 square feet. There is no job that is too large or small for VAC Motorsports, and they use Mastercam to get it all done.
Everyone who enters the competition receives an exclusive Mastercam IOF shirt. The student who creates the winning entry will be awarded a $1,000 check to defray educational expenses, as well as a seat of Mastercam Mill Level 1 software. In addition, the winner will receive a trip for two to visit VAC Motorsports and a day on the race track. Mastercam IOF recognition plaques will also go to the winner and their school (or parent).
All entries to the Mastercam 2013 IOF competition are subject to the following requirements:
• The part must be programmed with a licensed copy of Mastercam software.
• The part must have a professional look and remain consistent with the theme industry standards.
• The part must adhere to the specifications.
• Tell us the story behind your part entry; the inspiration for its design, materials used, etc.
• Include photos of you holding the part, the machine shop, or the CNC machine. Electronic files are preferred.
• The entry must consist of one finished, unpainted part.
• All entries become the property of CNC Software, Inc. Parts cannot be returned.
• All designs become the property of CNC Software, Inc.
• All entries and completed entry forms must be received by May 15, 2013.
• The IOF contest is open to any individual between the ages of 16 and 25 with access to a machine shop to cut the entry.
• While we welcome past winners to submit entries, past winners are not eligible to win the grand prize.
For more information on the 2013 Mastercam Innovator of the Future competition, including the entry form and part specifications, please visit www.mastercamiof.com.
Source: CNC Software Inc.