DES PLAINES, IL - OSI Furniture, the high end custom contract furniture manufacturer, begins auctioning excess equipment at its Des Plaines, IL plant next week, as it closes unneeded lines. A high-profile exhibitor at NeoCon, OSI Furniture is offering dozens of items for sale, including a 2011 Anderson America Exxact Plus/TC+D CNC Router, which auctioneer Dovebids says has only 52 hours of service on it.
Also for sale:
• Holzher CA803200 panel saw and 1425 edgebander
• Timesaver 352-2 wide belt sander
• SCMI SC900 Bandsaw
• A Costa m/n OK5B37112 double end tenoner
• Weinig Unimat 17A moulder
• Global Finishing Systems paint booths
• Saws (Table, Pull, Chop, Band & Rip)
• Presses - 2006 Joos HP120 hot press, also mini and glue
OSI Furniture serves GSA contracts and also claims fame as the home for the original 40/4 chair designed by David Rowland. The stackable chair has been awarded nine international design awards. Originally produced by GF furniture, a massive 17,000 chair order was sold to the prestigious University of Chicago for $16 per chair in 1964.