Closets KB Home, one of nation's largest home-building companies, is emphasizing a wide range of storage options available in its new line of Built to Order homes.
According to the company, its market research has shown that storage space is top of mind for most homebuyers, as a result KB has designed and developed floorplans and layouts with many of the most sought-after features, including:
• Walk-in closets: some floorplans offer dual walk-in closets or expanded closets in secondary bedrooms.
• Under-stair storage: space under the stairs in two- and three-story homes is optimized for storage of extra chairs, holiday décor or pet supplies.
• Kitchen island shelving and cabinets: additional storage for lesser-used small appliances, serving dishes and cookbooks.
• Pantries: many floor plans include super-size pantries, some walk-in, perfect for stowing all the essentials along with a haul from the warehouse club store.
• Garage shelving: ptional shelving and organization systems for workshops, tools, gardening supplies and more.
• Laundry room storage: laundry rooms can also be designed with sinks to help with pretreating and handwashing.
• Linen closets: many KB home plans feature spacious linen closets in a hallway or master suite.
• Smart cabinetry solutions: optional features available at the KB Home Design Studio include such things as pull-out trays installed in lower cabinets and a Lazy Susan incorporated into a corner cabinet.