Industry Rallies Around 3rd Green Conference
Posted: 12/08/2010 2:00AM
The Wood Education Resource Center (WERC) and Franklin Intl have signed on as sponsors of the Green Conference, March 17-18 at the Marriott East in Indianapolis. In addition, 16 industry trade associations and organizations have agreed to serve as cooperators of the summit being organized by the Department of Forestry and Natural Resources at Purdue University and Wood & Wood Products.
WERC is a USDA Forest Service branch with offices, training facility and a rough mill. It provides state-of-the-art training, technology transfer, networking opportunities, applied research and information to the secondary hardwood manufacturing industry.
Steven Milauskas, director of the WERC, explained why the center continues to back the Green Conference. “We feel that the Dollars & Sense of Going Green Conference is important in order to bring together partners to learn and discuss methods and trends in greening the U.S. economy, and in particular, the hardwood industry.”
Franklin Intl of Columbus, OH, is among the largest privately held manufacturers of adhesives and sealants in the United States and distributes products across 60 countries.
Franklin’s core competency is emulsion polymerization and includes adhesives, glues, hot melts, binders and sizing compounds for use in construction, wood furniture manufacturing, millwork, paper converting, pressure-sensitive paper products and fiberglass reinforcement.
Cooperating associations include:
• American Home Furnishings Alliance
• Appalachian Hardwood Manufacturers Inc.
• Architectural Woodwork Institute
• Assn. of Retail Environments
• Assn. of Woodworking & Furnishings Suppliers
• Business & Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Assn.
• Composite Panel Assn.
• Hardwood Plywood & Veneer Assn.
• Hardwood Review Weekly
• Hardwood Tree Improvement & Regeneration Center
• Indiana Dept. of Natural Resources
• Indiana Hardwood Lumbermen’s Assn.
• Intl Wood Products Assn.
• National Hardwood Lumber Assn.
• National Wood Flooring Assn.
• Wood Component Manufacturers Assn.
The two-day educational program, featuring a networking reception with tabletop displays, will address a variety of important industry issues, including:
• FSC and SFI update and group certification;
• The Lacey Act;
• Update on CARB and EPA federal formaldehyde rules;
• Case studies on best green practices in the wood industry.
To register for the conference, or for additional information about attending, exhibiting or sponsorship opportunities, contact Purdue University Professor Dan Cassens at (765) 494-3644, email@example.com or Rich Christianson, associate publisher of W&WP, at (847) 415-8024 or visit GreenWoodSeminar.com.
| Organized by Purdue University |
and Wood & Wood Products
Sponsored by the Wood Education Resource Center
and Franklin Intl